Tuesday, January 16, 2007

12-26-2006 Another Day in Memphis

(Click the image to see additional pictures / slideshow.
Note: there may be several pages of pics.)

December 26th was our last full day in Memphis before hopping on another plane and heading home to California. Early that morning, friends Brea and the Canadays who have a little girl, Cassie who is also from China, came by to say hello. Caroline and Cassie had a big time playing together.

We then had lunch with GG at Huey's where Caroline had her first experience with Mac and Cheese. We had a great time at lunch and Mac and Cheese is one of Caroline's favorites now!

After lunch we went over to Nanny's house for a visit with Nanny and Jerry. Then Mike and his sister's (Caroline's Great Aunts!!) Mary Beth and Anita and Anita's daughter Candice came to meet and visit with Caroline from Jonesboro, AR. A few minutes into the visit, Caroline fell fast asleep. It was her nap time and I guess all that Mac and Cheese from Huey's put her over the edge!

Once she woke up, we visited Paula at work for a few minutes and then headed back to Gailie's house. Paula came over for a big playtime at my Mom's house that evening. Caroline is so friendly and loves to play with her toys.

Then we went for a quick visit over to the Terhunes who also have a baby from China named Mae. Caroline had a great time playing with Mae, Corinne and Zach and Sean and I really enjoyed reminiscing about our trip to China with Grace and Matt.

After our visit, Sean and I were dying for some "real" Memphis Bar-B-Que so we headed to our new favorite Bar-B-Que spot in Memphis...Central BBQ. To our surprise, they had opened a new location on Summer not too far from my Mom's house so we stopped in there to get some Ribs to go. Would you believe that they were out of ribs!! We were shocked...a BBQ joint out of Ribs!! We would not be thwarted as there is nothing in California close to Memphis Bar-B-Que ...so we called in a "to go" order to the Central BBQ location on Central and headed that direction. When we arrived to pick up our order, they said they had no record of our "to go" order so we would need to get in the back of the line and order again. We decided not to wait in line as Caroline was exhausted and we needed to get back to Mom's to pack. Sean and I could not believe the bad luck!! My very sweet Mom then offered to drive to Corky's to get us our Bar-B-Que "fix" while we put Caroline to bed and started packing. How sweet is that! We were thrilled and we enjoyed Memphis Bar-B-Que after all and Corky's was delicious!

It took Sean and I a long time to pack as we carefully organized and packed all the wonderful gifts for Caroline. One of our suitcases was destroyed in the trip home from China so we ended up packing in a big cardboard box. It was hilarious but successful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://pysodatut.greatnow.com/izawyqi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It's all about how to select a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the decrease issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=yazoorecords.com ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg