Tuesday, December 05, 2006

China...Here we come!


(Click either map to enlarge the image)

Things have been a whirlwind the past few days. We received our Travel Approval from CCAA and our appointment with the US Consulate was confirmed for December 20th. We are leaving for Hong Kong on Thursday, December 7th and our Forever Family Day also affectionatley known as "Gotcha Day" is December 10th. It is hard to believe that we will hold Caroline in our arms in less than 5 days!!

We will stay in Nanchang the capital city of Jiangxi Province for almost a week and then we will fly to Guangzhou in Guangdong Province where we will stay for the remainder of the trip. The US Consulate is in Guangzhou and this is where we will go to take our oath and legally adopt Caroline.

Tomorrow, I will take Sadie and Mac to "The Bone Adventure" where they will vacation while we are in China. The Bone Adventure is a Doggie Daycare and there are no cages so Sadie and Mac will be able to run and play with the other dogs during the day and will sleep on doggie beds in the Bone Adventure Hotel rooms at night. The folks that run this place are so friendly and Sadie and Mac love it!! They have a Web Cam where you can view the dogs. It is hilarious to watch!! Take a look. Sadie and Mac will more than likely be in the "Outdoor Play Area" or the "Blue Room" during the day. If you want to take a look at the web cams... click here.

Then click on the video camera icon for one of the Play Areas. Mac is a yellow lab (his coat is a darker "yellow" color) with a red and black collar. Sadie is a black and tan coonhound with a purple collar.

Now I am off to pack!!

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

How Exciting!!! I can't wait to read about and see your "Gotcha Day" with Caroline. I know your mom is over the top excited as I know you guys are too!

Beverly & Glenys

Anonymous said...

Sally and Sean...I am hoping that you all made it safely...I prayed Psalm 121 for you as you traveled across the big Pacific Ocean...and this morning I prayed Matthew 11:28-30 for rest...also, I called to check on Sadie and Mac...they are fine...I asked if Sadie had had a rest...they said, "is she suppose to rest"...I said "yes, she sleeps alot during the day"...they said, "that she would be resting shortly"...tomorrow will be the last day of waiting for our sweet Caroline..let's pray Psalm 123:1-2...and then it is "Gotcha Day" let's praise and thank God for her life...Psalm 139:13-16 & Psalm 117...I already miss you so...I can't believe I just can't ring you up...please email or call when you can...I am so mixed up on the time so you may be sound asleep recovering from the trip...I love you with all my heart and I am overflowing with tears of joy...I would never have imagined the feelings that I have ...God is so good and so faithful...I can't wait to hear from you...Moma